Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Crumble and Icing
This cake was a huge hit at a football party we went to over the weekend. Everyone had seconds!
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9″ round spring form.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Pour flour, powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and baking soda into another bowl and mix.
- Pour flour mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and level out the batter.
- Mix Crumble topping ingredients in a mixer until small clumps form. Be careful not to over mix into a dough. Spread over the top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing from the dish or icing.
- Mix icing ingredients and pour over the cake once cooled.
I made the Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe from AllRecipes. It came out pretty yummy. I added a cinnamon crumble to the top, and will probably add an icing, but we like things sweet in our house.
To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
4.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.