Here it is! I worked through my frustration with my machine and got the job DONE! I finished the blanket by sewing between the panels and sewing a nonstop one inch edge around the outer perimeter. I’m pretty pleased with it. For the project, I purchased: 2/3 yard of the navy flannel(and have enough left over for one more blanket), 1/2 yard each of the superman print and red satin fabric(with a lot of the superman fabric leftover and not much of the red satin leftover), and red yarn. The flannel piece I cut to 30.5″ x 30.75″. The red panels I cut to 12.5″ x 30.75″, and the superman panel I cut to 9.25″ x 30.75″. I attached the red panels to the superman panels with french seams, then placed right sides together, sewing the 3 panels to the navy flannel, leaving open one of the ends of the Superman panel. I turned the blanket inside out, so right sides were facing out, and sewed a seam at the top of the Superman panel that was left open, to close it off. I then top stitched between the panels, and finished with the one inch perimeter around the outer edge of the blanky.
I’m starting a new project. I’m 24 weeks pregnant today, and not sure if we’re having a boy or girl, so I guess that means twice the projects, with leftover gifts 🙂